A/c Recharge in Tigard, OR
Is the air conditioning in your car just not as cold as it used to be? Your vehicle’s A/C system is likely low on refrigerant and needs a recharge. Though recharging your A/C is a simple process, it can also damage your air conditioning system if done incorrectly. Rather than risk a potential problem, stop by Fast Lane Oil Change in Tigard for a quick and professional A/C recharge.
Does Your Air Conditioning Need a Recharge?
Visit Our Full-Service Shop on 13545 SW Pacific Hwy
How To Tell If Your Vehicle Needs an A/C Recharge
If your vehicle needs an A/C recharge, you’ll know it. Instead of the icy cold air you’re accustomed to, the air coming from your vents will be only mildly cool, or not cold at all.
The most likely cause for this issue is a refrigerant leak in your system. Though it’s common for tiny amounts of refrigerant to naturally leak from your A/C lines over time, there could also be a more serious leak in your hoses, pipes, or in your air conditioning compressor.
The Dangers of a DIY A/C Recharge
Some people try to save money by recharging their A/C system on their own. Though there are do-it-yourself kits available, there are 3 major (and expensive) issues with this DIY approach:
- It’s very difficult to tell how much refrigerant is still left in your system, so you won’t know how much to add
- Simply “topping off” your refrigerant doesn’t fix your leak other problem that caused the system to run low in the first place
- Mixing refrigerants (old with new) can cause dangerous chemical reactions, so you must know the exact type of refrigerant already in your system
A/C Recharge Services at Fast Lane Oil Change
If your air conditioning isn’t running as cool as it should, stop by our shop! At Fast Lane Oil Change, we take a careful and thorough approach to performing A/C recharges.
During an A/C recharge, our qualified technicians will.
- Inspect your system for obvious leaks and make necessary repairs
- Extract any remaining refrigerant from your vehicle and run it through a recycling system to remove any impurities
- Put the clean refrigerant back into the A/C system and top it off with additional refrigerant as needed
- Conduct a performance test of the system as well as an electronic leak test
About Fast Lane Oil Change
Mon-Fri: 8:00AM - 7:00PM
Saturday: 8:00AM - 6:00PM
Sunday: 9:00AM - 5:00PM
13545 SW Pacific Hwy-Tigard, OR 97223
Phone: (503) 825-7223
Fast Lane Oil Change is a locally-owned, full-service shop dedicated to great customer service. Our team is known for their attention-to-detail, experience, and quick turnaround times. You’ll also appreciate our…
- Honest Service Guarantee
- Friendly workers
- High-quality, professional results
Visit us to find out why we’re the top choice in the Tigard area for oil changes and regular maintenance services like A/C recharges. We’d love the chance to earn your business.
Additional Vehicle Maintenance Services
- Full-Service Oil Change
- Automatic Transmission Flush
- Cooling System & Radiator Flush
- Light Bulb Replacement
- Serpentine Belt Replacement
- Air & Cabin Air Filter Replacement
- Wiper Blade Replacement & Rain Repellent
- ...and more